Friday, December 16, 2011

Amazon Follow-Up

Big question: did Amazon know (see previous post) that a shopper browsing through the best recent books for children 6 - 8 would be swamped by books for older children, the whole 8-12 or 8 and up crowd? I found a question box on the Amazon site that invited comments, and asked them to explain.


Amazon replied by e-mail. Was I unhappy with the age-range that the publisher had given for my book?


Er, no. I went back to the little question box and tried again. This time Amazon actually called me.  A human, albeit one who had no clue what I was talking about. I took her by the cyber-hand and led her gently through "books" to "children" to "6-8," through "hardcover" to "recently published" and "sorted by customer review."  And bingo: MOUSENET, shiny and blue and in absolutely the wrong place.


Ms. Amazon couldn't promise that the anomaly would be fixed, but she did say she'd raise the question with people higher up the food chain. And as we British say, that was better than a slap in the belly with a wet fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment